Monday, April 8, 2013

BRIGHT EYED PEOPLE by Paul Nixon

The metaphor of bright-eyed people originated in my third book, I Refuse to Lead a Dying Church, published six years ago.  Now in three successive titles, I have referenced it to one degree or another - and I it is on my mind as I write a new book this year.  So I guess you could say I find this concept pretty integral to the subject of church renewal.  What ever else Jesus was looking for 2000 years ago as he collected his disciples, he was certainly looking for people who sparkled at the suggestion and possibilities of the Kingdom.  They sparkled, and they dared.  They went for it.  
In every context, we find them.  They are not a dime a dozen, but they are always there when we look.

And neither Jesus or us ever get anywhere without them.

(I might add, that this is just a metaphor - and it does not preclude sight-impaired people.  In fact one of the persons from my experience that I quickly think of with this metaphor was, in fact, legally blind. All metaphors have their limits.)


No comments:

Post a Comment