Thursday, June 6, 2013

TRUST GOD AND EXPECT GREAT THINGS by Kim Shockley



In so many ways Trust God is my favorite chapter of this book.  We started with seeking significant God encounters and we ended with trusting God with what you discover.  What an awesome way to do life!  From all the reading I’ve been doing lately I truly sense that the Christian church in all its forms is in the midst of a spiritual awakening – there is some cyclical truth to this phenomenon – it’s happened before.
 A friend told me a story of a client of hers at a beauty salon.  When this older woman came in for her regular appointment, my friend noticed the calluses on her knees – she was wearing a skirt that day – and realized from this woman’s reputation in her church that those calluses were caused by her dedication to an active prayer life.  I should have started praying on my knees a long time ago to have that same kind of impact in my testimony, but I am convinced day by day that each one of us can be a disciple who will change the world by talking and listening with God, hearing and acting on God’s messages to heal the brokenness in our crazy world.  Test out what you are sensing through scripture and a trusted friend.  Do not fear!  Trust God to be with you as you take bold steps in your own faith journey!

Questions:

What one step can you take to grow your ability to trust God more fully?
Who can you partner with to each take new steps toward trusting God?
What steps can your congregation’s leaders take to more actively trust God together?

1 comment:

  1. Mr Pedro went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which I used to expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. pedroloanss@gmail.com.WhatsApp ..+ 1-863-231-0632.

    ReplyDelete